Thursday, November 26, 2009

Seriously!!...

why can't I sleep?!?!

I really don't like all these sleepless nights I've been having lately. I mean really! I'm tired and I need all the rest I can get right now before Brantley Rae gets here. I CAN NOT go to sleep or stay asleep for a long time most nights. And on nights like tonight, once I wake up to go to the bathroom the first time at 2:15am, I then just lay in bed thinking about any and everything and I can't go back to sleep. What's up with that?!! So now it's 3:15am and I finally decided to just get out of bed for a little while and come Blog about it. Maybe this will help me. PLEASE!!
Sometimes the problem is that I'm uncomfortable and I can just change positions and then go back to sleep but not tonight. I layed every different way I'm allowed to lay and nothing was working, my mind is awake! ARG!!
This is probably my biggest complaint I have about my pregnancy. People have told me over and over that this is just preparation for when BR is born and I'm awake at night with her. I totally get that, but seriously!!!! She isn't here yet and I'm tired! There is no baby for me to feed, change or rock yet. Honestly, I understand that she will wake me up at night, I get that, I promise! But why must I lay awake night after night for hours at a time right now before she is born? I really don't feel that it's necessary. I could go on and on because unfortunately I am wide awake, but I think I'll stop.
On and lighter note...
Today is already Thanksgiving and while I am very much NOT thankful for sleepless nights, I AM however overwhelmed with thanksgiving for Brantley Rae, her Daddy and our sweet doggy, Marley. I love them all dearly and thank God daily for putting each of them into my life. I am truly blessed to have so much love, joy and happiness in my life.

Thank you, Lord for my wonderful life!!

3 comments:

  1. i'm so sorry, allison! i got a small taste of that yesterday--I woke up wide awake and finally got up at 5am...but it's no 2am for sure! I hated it and I know you hate your waking up more! maybe next time, take the time to pray or take a bath...something soothing. Only a suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh trust me I was praying a lot but I guess God was just trying to teach me a lesson in tolerance and/or patience, because I wasn't getting tired at all. I finally fell back asleep at about 4:30 or so. If I can't sleep tonight, I may try the bath and see how that works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try a little benedryl! No DR. PEPPERS!

    ReplyDelete

 Pregnancy Ticker