Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Belly Post - 29 Weeks

Inside my belly this week...
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Brantley Rae,
This week has flown by and you have really been moving and rolling around in my belly. I've been having trouble sleeping but it's not all your fault. I can tell that you must be growing quickly because everyday it gets harder for me to breathe. I have to stand up and take deep breaths to try to get you to move around a little bit. I know this is going to get worse as you continue to get bigger, but that's okay, I want you to be healthy.
On a lighter note, we had our 3rd baby shower on Sunday and got lots of really great things. You got so many cute outfits. I'm going to share more about the shower in my next post.
Daddy and I have already decorated for Christmas! We love this time of year and I was anxious to get our tree up so Daddy got it out of storage Sunday night. Yay! I'll post pictures of that soon as well.
Tonight, Daddy and I have our second Childbirth class. We're learning what to expect during your delivery so that we can get you here as safely and quickly as possible. We love you very much and can't wait to meet you in February.
Love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Pregnancy Ticker