Friday, October 16, 2009

Belly Post - 24 Weeks

Inside my belly this week...
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long, she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

-From Babycenter.com

Brantley Rae,
This has been Mommy's first week as a SAH wife and mom. What did you think? I enjoyed it quite a lot and you seemed just fine with it. On Tuesday, you were very active pretty much all day. It was a wonderful feeling for me!
I pray everyday that you're growing into a healthy little girl and that God is protecting you from any harmful things that Mommy may come in contact with. I helped PopPop paint your furniture this week and it looks great! We kept fans on in the basement so hopefully you didn't notice the paint. Mommy loves you very much and wants you to be safe always!
Daddy's, Aunt Della finished your bumpers for your crib and I put them in there yesterday afternoon. They're SO adorable! I hope you end up liking them as much as Daddy and I do. We picked out the fabric a long time ago and I'm happy to see it in your room finally. Thanks, Aunt Della!
Mommy has a big birthday coming up this weekend...I'm going to be 25! Yikes! Daddy and I are getting to do something special but I'll fill everyone else in on that later. We're going to have a great time!
Anyways, it's pretty early and I'm getting sleepy again. I think I'll go crawl back in bed and try to catch some more Z's. Please don't kick me and keep me awake any longer. Please rest so I can!
We love you, little girl!!
~Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Pregnancy Ticker