Friday, October 23, 2009

Babymoon/My Birthday

Last week, my parents gave Chase and I a one nights stay at Gorham's Bluff up in north Alabama for our Babymoon and my birthday. We left fairly early on Saturday morning to head up north. We stopped in Guntersville to eat lunch at Wintzell's. Turns out they were the only people open that afternoon for lunch. It was good!
After lunch we drove over to Little River Canyon. It was VERY cold and wet outside, but it was nice to see the water running so much. Pretty!
This is the lodge at Gorham's Bluff.
It was so nice inside! There is a dining room and living room areas on the bottom floor and rooms on the top two floors. It was very peaceful and relaxing there! Chase and I sat in our room before dinner, watching a movie, reading pregnancy books and watching Brantley Rae moving all over my belly! It was pretty cute!
The view was beautiful on Sunday morning!
We took pictures on the Bluff Sunday morning when it was around 35 degrees. The wind was really blowing so I stayed out there as long as I could. But BR and I got cold pretty quickly and we had to go back inside.
This is us watching the Auburn game down stairs waiting for our dinner time. We ate dinner, breakfast and boxed lunch there and the food was wonderful! I had an aversion to the ham that I ordered for breakfast but I think it was just pregnancy related.

After lunch on Sunday, since it was my birthday I decided I wanted us to go to a Pumpkin Patch. we found one called Down On The Farm in Rainsville, AL.
It was such a cool place!
They had a HUGE pumpkin patch that Chase and I got to walk all around to find our 2 pumpkins. So fun!
This is an old corn combine that they have turned into a playground. It looked like the kids were having lots of fun playing on it!
This is the CORN PIT!! It was SO cool!! The pit is about a foot or more deep with corn kernels. The kids that were playing in it were having a blast. I'm hoping that next year someone, maybe Ashley's husband Heath, will make a Corn Pit here so that Chase and I can take BR to play in it. AR, BR and all the other kiddies would have so much fun!!!!!

Finally, when we got home we had dinner with Chase's parents at their house. I was so excited to open my birthday present from them because I got a SEWING MACHINE!! I've been wanting one for a while now so I'm really happy about it. I've already sewed on a few burp clothes for BR that turned out really cute! Maybe this week I'll get to work on some more projects and I'll try to take pictures and share my work.

Overall, I had a wonderful birthday and WE had a great Babymoon! Thanks, Mom and Dad!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Pregnancy Ticker