So as I was surfing around on Facebook during lunch today, and I discovered Urbandictionary.com. A friend of mine had looked up her name and got a very interesting definition. So of course, I tried it out! This is what I got....
1. Allison: A woman defined by brains, beauty, class, and membership in the upper echelons of society. Can usually be found wearing pearls or sorority letters.
I agree with the brains, beauty and class part but I don't consider myself in the upper echelon of any society and I rarely ever wear pearls and was never in a sorority.
2. Allison: coolest b**** on the block
Ha! I laughed when I read that one. I guess I'm cool, sometimes, but definitely not the coolest.
3. Allison: A common English name with Anglo and Celtic origins meaning "truthful" or "honest".
This was the definition I expected to get first. I've always heard that my name meant "truthful" and "honest." I agree with those and like to believe that I'm both of them most of the time. I'm not perfect but I try to uphold those qualities everyday.
I looked up Brantley and the definitions were absolutely horrendous/embarrassing/offensive! I mean not a single one was good. That's so sad! I hope Brantley never gets this idea to look up his or her name on urbandictionary.com. It might make him/her feel bad.
Chase didn't have very nice definitions either. Oh well, at least my name was an okay one.
Anyways, I thought this was a pretty fun thing to do during lunch. Now on to cleaning up the kitchen and the rest of my house. Boo!
1. Allison: A woman defined by brains, beauty, class, and membership in the upper echelons of society. Can usually be found wearing pearls or sorority letters.
I agree with the brains, beauty and class part but I don't consider myself in the upper echelon of any society and I rarely ever wear pearls and was never in a sorority.
2. Allison: coolest b**** on the block
Ha! I laughed when I read that one. I guess I'm cool, sometimes, but definitely not the coolest.
3. Allison: A common English name with Anglo and Celtic origins meaning "truthful" or "honest".
This was the definition I expected to get first. I've always heard that my name meant "truthful" and "honest." I agree with those and like to believe that I'm both of them most of the time. I'm not perfect but I try to uphold those qualities everyday.
I looked up Brantley and the definitions were absolutely horrendous/embarrassing/offensive! I mean not a single one was good. That's so sad! I hope Brantley never gets this idea to look up his or her name on urbandictionary.com. It might make him/her feel bad.
Chase didn't have very nice definitions either. Oh well, at least my name was an okay one.
Anyways, I thought this was a pretty fun thing to do during lunch. Now on to cleaning up the kitchen and the rest of my house. Boo!


No comments:
Post a Comment