Thursday, July 30, 2009

Crib and Gate

Yay! Tonight after dinner we went to BabiesR'US and ordered Brantley's crib. This is our first big purchase and I'm so excited! They said it is here in their warehouse and it will ship to the store in 7-14 days. Hopefully they (the lady at the store) will be right on that guess.

Here it is...
We got it in this color. It's going to be SO pretty! We're hoping that it matches or comes close to matching the furniture that we have in our guest room. Those pieces are a dresser and desk that my dad refinished for me to use during college and I really love them and want to use them in the nursery. Hopefully they'll match!!
This is a close up of the detail on the side columns. Beautiful!

While we were there, we also bought this gate for the door into the nursery to keep Marley out of there.
To be honest, we aren't totally happy with it. We do like that it's ex-tall so that little Brantley won't be able to climb over it, BUT it is hard to open and really loud when we open it. Not a good aspect when we'll be carrying a sleeping baby into the nursery to put down. Hmm? We're thinking about taking it back. What do you think?
Marley barked at us a lot while we put it up because she wasn't sure what the heck was going on. Eventually, Chase got her to come down the hall and she saw that the big white thing wasn't going to hurt her. It was pretty funny watching her freak out because she was bouncing backwards as she barked. Funny girl!!
I got her to come take a picture with me once she was more comfortable. She can be a pain but I LOVE her! She has been keeping me company this summer while we've been home during the day by ourselves. It's been nice having her around for sure.

I'd still like to know who else reads my blog. Go here to read that post and let me know. Thanks!
I hope everyone is having a nice Thursday night!

2 comments:

  1. I love the crib!

    I have a suggestion for the baby gate...
    I work at a preschool and our baby room up to even the 2 and sometimes 3 year olds use this gate. It's also easy to open!

    heres the link: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2333098

    I'll definately use it when i have a baby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Laura! Chase and I will look into that one because we really aren't happy with the one we got yesterday.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

 Pregnancy Ticker