Friday, May 15, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday

This week I am participating in Kelly's "Show Us Where You Live Friday." This week is Guest rooms.

Welcome to our Guest room!
This room is filled with my furniture from my parents house/the furniture that I took to college with me. I love it all!
This photo was taken from the doorway of our guest room. We have a pretty small/quaint house that we love very much! This bed frame was given to my grandparents when they got married. It has been in our family for a really long time. Wow, if that bed could talk...hmm? What would it say?!!
This is a picture from over by the closet. My Dad refinished that desk for me before I left for college and I still love it 5 years later. He actually refinished all the furniture in this room. He is wonderful! Thanks Dad!
I, myself, actually made the picture board above the desk when I was in college and absolutely love it. I can change the pictures out every now and then which is really great. I was able to make it for less than what I would have paid for one this big.
I love my cute little night stand!
I have books on the bottom and a picture of my parents and I from my college graduation on top. WAR EAGLE!!
This is the dresser that my Dad refinished. I actually helped with this one and the desk.
This beautiful jewelry box was given to me by my wonderful husband. It actually used to be his late mother's. His mom passed away a few years back so I never got to meet her but it is really neat that I have something of hers that was special to her.
Lastly, this is the cute shelf that's also above the desk. I really like the SMILE sign! It makes me smile!! :0)

Well, I hope you enjoyed the tour of our Guest room. Thanks for stopping by! I'm gonna try to participate in as many "Show Us Where You Live" tours as I can. Check back next Friday!!

6 comments:

  1. Your guest room is so cute and welcoming! I saw in your "about me" that you got married in Montevallo....that's about 5 minutes from my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE!!! I could spend some time in that room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the nightstand and the dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!
    The red looks great and I love your cute desk area. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete

 Pregnancy Ticker